cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to I hide a form panel based on a list lookup value?

Right now I am using not(FieldName, "Other") and it does hide the panel (single line text box). The issue is that no matter what option I choose from my drop down list it will show the panel. Additionally, once it the panel is visible it will not go back to the hidden state.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Josh

Labels: (3)
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to I hide a form panel based on a list lookup value?

Hi Josh,  When you reference a lookup column you also need to include the Item ID. To find out what the ID is for the choice you can temporarily put a calculated field on your form to output the lookup control. If you have a list with items One,Two,Three you will find that the output will be something like: 1;#One 2;#Two 3;#Three  If you wanted the field to Hide unless the Lookup Value is equal to "One" the rule would be not(equals(LookupControlName,"1;#One")).

ryk
Nintex Newbie

Ugh!! I just spent about 4 hours banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why my formula wasn't working before finally finding this. Thank you!

Not applicable

Hope you have pain-reliever handy and are feeling better about your workflow now, if not your forehead!

0 Kudos
DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Perfect! Is this documented elsewhere, by any chance?

0 Kudos
kmccool
Nintex Newbie

How do I "Output" with the formula builder for the calculated field? I added the field, entered the formula to just "=mynamedcontrol" and it isn't showing anything.

0 Kudos
spirit0002
Nintex Newbie

You can also have a more general formatting without using the specific ID number. Using the example above.....

If you have a list with items One,Two,Three you will find that the output will be something like: 1;#One 2;#Two 3;#Three  If you wanted the field to Hide unless the Lookup Value is equal to "One" the rule would be not(equals(LookupControlName,"1;#One")).

Lets say you have 1;#One 2;#Two 3;#Three 4,#Two 5#,One, and you wanted to hide the value if it was equal to "One", you could use the rule not(contains(LookupControlName,"One"))

Same outcome different scenario.  

0 Kudos
autosyst3m
Nintex Newbie

Hi in order to test on the value or on the ID, you also have the possibility to use parseLookup(LookupControlName, [ID]), you will not need to know the ID of the lookup choice...

0 Kudos