Could not update Multiple Value lookup column in SharePoint Online

Badge +7

Hi

as i could Update the Single Select Lookup column successfully,why i could not update the Multiple Value Lookup Column Using Rest Api as well as Nintex Default Update Action, is that Nintex bug?

Error Detail :

"error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"An unexpected 'PrimitiveValue' node was found when reading from the JSON reader. A 'StartObject' node was expected."}}}

4 replies

Badge +5

I think this is actually an issue with the SharePoint 2013 workflow platform...you would encounter the same issue in a 2013 SharePoint Designer Workflow if you tried to set the value of a multiselect lookup column in List B to equal the value the same lookup column in List A you'll get an error.

Even if you format the string for the lookup correctly you cannot update it in a 2013 workflow.

However, you can do it with a 2010 SPD workflow! 

Format the multi select lookup value as a string in the format: [ID1];#;#[ID2];#;#[ID3] etc

e.g.26;#;#19;#;#33 is a lookup with 3 selections for items in the lookup list with ID 26, 19 & 33

What I have done in the past is set a 2010 platform SharePoint Designer workflow to start at the same time as my main workflow. My main workflow writes the string above into a hidden column and the SPD waits until that column is not empty before updating the value in the target list and completing.

Badge +7

Hi Barry

Thanks for the Replay 

I have done this successfully in Nintex Itself using rest API ,Will share the Code & detail Very soon for other users

Regards

Ranjith

Badge +7

Update Multi value lookup column in SharePoint online 

Badge

Just want to say thanks for the pattern?  I have been stumped for about a day and a half on why this wasnot working.