How to auto approve request data action task.

• 24 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

I am using Review Data action to assign task to Reviewer to give his feedback. However, if Reviewer do not reply, then approver once approve his item, Reviewer's item should get auto approve/continue. Hence, I have used 2 Call web service action in Approve branch. 1st web service will delegate Reviewer's task to admin. 2nd Web service will auto approve task in Workflow Tasks list. 1st web service successfully delegate task to admin. However, 2nd webservice though showing success message in log DO NOT auto approve (overrideContinue) it. What could be the reason? Appreciate your time in giving me some hint.

157032_pastedImage_0.png

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Quick question, is the automatic escalation option for the Request Data action an option for your scenario?

Badge +6

Hi Andrew,

Merry Christmas!

I have used Request Data since I need a form for user to input their feedback (based on my custom field which I created in Request Data action). I tried Request Review also but it doesn't allow me to create custom field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great use of the Task action! In that task action for request Data, you can auto complete and auto escalate(Delegate) the task after a time period has passed. So you can give the user a time period, say a week, to complete the task. If they do not, the task is marked complete and the next action in the workflow is started. This could be the approver task.

Badge +3

Many times I tried to complete task with web service, End Task action or by editing the task item, I have experienced lock issue which result in workflow to stop.

As Andrew said, autocomplete reviewer task by escalation and copy the reviewer task to approver.

Badge +6

Hi Andrew, Great, Your time period approach worked. However, I am not sure if My client agree on this approach since they don't want approver to wait lets say week or 1 day or so. Let's see.Appreciate your help.