cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

How do you dowload the app from the app store if you're already using federation services with Microsoft?

We're really excited to start rolling out the forms we've developed specifically for mobile use. We're running into a problem, and I thought I would check here to see if other have had this issue or if you have ideas on a fix.

Bear with me while I describe this, I'm not a system admin.

We have enabled Microsoft federated services for our enterprise. When I navigate to the app store to download the Nintex app, I am asked to enter my Microsoft live ID to complete the "purchase", but I don't have a live ID associated with my work account. Cyber security is not on board with me using my personal Microsoft live ID.

I've asked around and it sounds like once a company is federated, you cannot associate new live ID's with your office 365 account.

I'm in a pickle.

Any suggestions or examples of how you've solved this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kassie

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How do you dowload the app from the app store if you're already using federation services with Microsoft?

what kind of device are you using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do you dowload the app from the app store if you're already using federation services with Microsoft?

All kinds. Dell tablet, Surface Pros, I Phone.

We are also trying to view forms published to Nintex live from our Desktops. This also asks for a Microsoft Live ID.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

In looking threw some documentation I have for Apps you need to register a Microsoft account to use the App. This is because you are sitting behind a firewall. If you used Office 365 then you would just use that account, but because you are on prem you need to use some sort of MS Account. You can connect your work email to a MS account if you need to. When I 1st signed up for an MS account I use my gmail. One way around it for Live Forms is not requiring a sign-in. for the form.  

b. Hover over Employee name on the top right of the SharePoint section of the browser

i. Click on the down arrow and choose the "Nintex Mobile Apps" option

ii. Choose "Register with Nintex Live"

iii. Choose "Sign in or register with your Microsoft account"

1. This requires you to have an individual Live ID Account

iv. Enter your Microsoft Live ID account details (image below is custom)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for your reply Ben.

We've done all of this. 

I guess the problem really lies with Microsoft locking down the ability to associate a live ID to a work account once federated. From what I've heard, this is a relatively new "feature"

When we register with nintex live within our on prem SharePoint, it still asks for a Microsoft live account and Cyber Sec does not want us to use personal Microsoft accounts so we're stuck. I'm not sure where the danger lies in using a personal Live account but I've been told not to do it.

Thanks

Kassie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Kassie,

If you can't use personal Microsoft accounts then there are a few other ways - they involve a bit more setup though.  Check out Dan Stoll‌'s reply to a similar question here.

Cheers,

Chris