• 13 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of lists 

- Customers

- Products

- Requests

In the requests list I am looking up both customers and products, I also have some calculated fields based on the customer and products lists.

I have migrated the list from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016 using shargate and I have rebuilt the Nintex form including the lookups to the customer and products lists.

They are, for all intents and purposes, identical including the ID's of the customers and products as I templated them up and re-created them rather than migrating them.

I have updated the lookups incase there are GUID issues and all seems well when creating a new item.

However, when displaying or editing an old pre-existing item, (there's 5000 of them) the customer and product information is not displaying on the drop down.

If I go and find the information and select it again (then save) it displays perfectly fine the next time.

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour before or know a way around it? I don't want to have to manually update 5000 items.

7 replies

Badge +6
Unfortunately I don't think you can do much here, because you have recreated the lists even though you did so from template you have broken the relationship between the value from the lookup field and the value that exists in the Requests list, it is no longer the same item that was retrieved from the old lookup list. Think of it this way if I print the same picture twice, on the same printer from the same picture, just 2 copies, these are not 100% equal as they are 2 separate copies of the same thing.
You may might have had more luck migrating the items although I have no experience in this so cannot confirm.
Badge +1

Yes I get that, but there's no reference I can see to an item GUID in the lookup, only the listname and columname which I have re-connected so why would the item value show?

If I migrate the old list, the ID's then don't match and the Requests data is then a mismatch because several customers have been deleted.

Therefore it makes no sense to me because value in the form is

123#;Customer

value in new list is 

123#;Customer

Value when re-selecting the metadata is

123#;Customer

(These are the values when looking at it through inspector)

I've seen column names referenced using the GUID if for example I use one in a lookup and then replace the control but not when the item has moved, it always uses ColumnName / ListName

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you experiencce the problem just in nintex form?

does the lookup references show well in sharepoint's list view?

Badge +1

In the list view I see the correct Metadata, when I open the nintex form, it asks me to pick the customer again in the dropdown list (so the value is not being passed to the list).

If I open the form in nintex, select the correct value (that was displayed in the list) and save it, the next time I open it, the drop down will have the correct customer listed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, so at least data in the list are correct

...I have rebuilt the Nintex form including the lookups to the customer and products lists.

what does this exactly mean?

did you design the form anew from scratch?

did you imported form from old env and corrected controls' configurations? have you tried to delete lookup controls and add them once again?

or?

have you checked list fields' internal names are the same on both old and new envs?

(I mean if list field name are too long of if they contain some sensitive characters, SP shorten them and creates names with a placeholders like "_x1234_")

could you post lookup controls configurations? (if possible from both envs)

Badge +1

I migrated the lists with a structure migration so columns etc are exactly the same, then migrated the content and then re-created the form as import and export failed.

Form field names are the same, checked content type to see if anything was not the same but everything is the same as far as I can tell, checked every property of lookup control to make sure it is also correct and it is.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you tried to delete nintex form and check to see whether OOTB sharepoint form correctly shows lookups for old items?