Review Request Escalation Process

• 13 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I setting up a document review process, and I have a request to send an email notification to a user's manager, when the user has not responded within 24 hours, to the next level in 48 hours, and finally the next level after 72 hours.  Essentially an escalation, but since I'm utilizing the "Review Request" action, that is not available.  I also could not find a way to utilize the Assign a task or Flexi task, since those automatically will reassign the task to the Manager!  How can I accomplish this request?

I'm using Nintex WF 2013 and SharePoint 2013 - on prem, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Rene

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi rortiz312000‌,

You may find the following article useful: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1078

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +4

Hi Rick, this is a good suggestion when reassigning the task to the different levels, but I'm not looking to reassign a task.  I just need to send out email an notification that a review task has not been completed, without reassigning the task!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you will have to use Run parallel action.

one branch will contain request review action and the notification logic.

something similar but very basic is eg depicted here  

note however, that the workflow will only continue when both (all) parallel branches are finished.

so you will have to setup notification logic branch so that it doesn't delay whole workflow until all the notification timeouts elapse when the task is responded on time.