Update a form not using the email link

• 13 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Good morning.

I have an input form that our shop floor teams can create, that then sends my team an email telling us to update the form with some extra information. This information can take a week or two to get so the update is not always immediate

I have created an "update" form that enters the updates & allows approval/rejection, however this link is accessed in the email via a hyperlink.

My question is this - can u access the update form from the list without using the hyperlink?

At present when i click on the item in the list it brings up the shop floor form rather than the update form.

Any ideas?

Pete

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

could you describe the scenario a bit more?

Is the update form another form in your list or is it a workflow task form?

If I understand your form right you have a workflow for a list. I'd suggest once a new entry is created in the list you are starting a workflow that starts a request data task with a nintex form that can take all the update information you need.

To not send a mail you can just disable it in the messaging options of your request data action.

Users would then have to go to their workflow task list. If they hit the workflow task the update form opens and they are able to add the data there.

Last thing to do - optionally - is to take the data from your update action and update the initial item with that data so it contains all data of the process.

Would that work for you?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +8

Hi Peter Scott‌,

Is the Shop floor form and the Update form are associated to the same SharePoint list/library by having two content types?

Badge +6

Hiya

I had some considerable help last week from cassy - see my thread 

approve a task & then update the form?

In essence i have a form (not designed by me) that has a top section filled out by the shop floor.

They then submit the form & i have added a workflow that pings an email to me & my team requesting that they update the form. 

198764_pastedImage_1.png

The lower part of the form is pretty useless in that it cant be updated without having "Edit" rights in sharepoint - which is a big no from me & kinda defeats the object.

So, Cassy helped me integrate an update via an extra Nintex form that offers the operator Reject/Approve & also offers them a section to fill in all of the extra details. When saved these details then auto populate the useless part of the form. I have to say I thought this part was genius & i never knew that this facility existed until Cassy helped me do it!

198765_pastedImage_1.png

(the pic above shows the reject/approve form BEFORE i add the extra details to it IE the stuff in the bottom section of the first form)

As it stands it is the existing form that is accessible from the list page which is no good.

I want to access the extra Nintex form with the approve/reject facility preferably from the list page.

I just cant figure out how to get to the Nintex form unless you have edit rights - which i dont want to do.

I am sure it is easy - i just cant get it to do it!

Badge +6

I can answer my own question here - as after lots of trial & error i found out what was occurring!

In short the previous site owner had set up the list to (somehow) show the workflow status of the various jobs. Either blank, in progress or approved.

The blank ones just needed the workflow starting on them. They had been created before the workflow had been implemented so just needed it to be started.

Therefore the in progress jobs (the blanks changed to this after the workflow was manually started) could then be approved & the status updated to approved.

Simple really!

Thanks all for advice - it is appreciated!