cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do i initiate email reminder 30 days from the date in a field?

Jump to solution

I am a beginner user looking for help. I need to create a workflow where it sends the user a reminder when the due date is 30 days from that date (i.e. send email notification today when the field has a due date of 9/5).  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to set it up.

Also, need another workflow that after the 30 day reminder is sent, log same and then send another reminder if today is 15 days from the due date.

Can someone help?

Labels: (1)
11 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How do i initiate email reminder 30 days from the date in a field?

Jump to solution

You can use Site Workflow to query the items in a list (Which are less then the due date), then loop through each item and see if the date difference is 30 (Using the calculate date Activity) and Build String (Using the Inline Function - fn-DateDiffDays) and if so send the reminder email. You can either use the same workflow or another one to check for the 15 days difference.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Jarrad:
Thank you for replying however, as a beginning, i'm a bit lost on how to do the "site workflow" to query the items in a list and loop each one to see if the date difference is 30 and building a string.  I'm sorry if this will take time to explain but i really can use the help.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have something quite similiar I'll see if I can email it to you later on.

0 Kudos
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Jennifer, I'm assuming this is for a task that is created.  You can set a workflow to start as soon as the task is created (assuming that the due date is required).  You can use the calculate date action to figure out the reminder date.  Create a workflow variable of the type date/time to store the reminder date.  The date you'd use in the Calculate date would be the due date, then subtract 30 days (put a -30 in the Days field). 

Then you can use the Pause until action to pause the workflow until the reminder date.  Just configure the action to use the variable you created for the reminder date.  Then after the Pause you can use the Send Notification to send a reminder notification. 

I'm going to assume also that you only want to send a notification if the task is not completed.  So before you send the notification, you should check if the task status is completed.  You can use a Run If action to check the status field and only send the notification if the status isn't completed.

You can repeat these same steps in the same workflow for the 15 day reminder also.  Just change the date calculation to 15.  Hope that helps.

Nintex_Task_Reminder_WF.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for the visual. Is it possible to share the details within each box so i can see how you set it up?  And how may i continue it to send an email everyday until the last home inspection field is completed with a date that is > today and that once the date is filled, the new 30 day reminder so the workflow keeps working even after a year?

priya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello I am after something similar but not as complex as a loop round workflow.

I am trying to create a workflow that will send an email to a person in a list telling them theor contract is soon up for a renewal. is there a simpler workflow to do this ?

thanks

Priya

0 Kudos
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

‌, the example I provided above was pretty simple and straight forward.  There was no looping involved, just a date calculation.  Without knowing all the details of your scenario, I'd suggest doing a site workflow that runs on a schedule and queries your list for any items that fall into however you define "soon", and then send the notification.  The difference in that workflow from the example above is that you'd need to store the results of the query in a collection, and then process the collection.  

If you're still stuck, it would be better to start a new thread with a little bit more background on your scenario. 

0 Kudos
lwhetham
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I can't figure out why my email alert is not sending.  I did a simple email to test the system and it work.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

I used the above example as my workflow.  I tested it with just the 30 day and it worked.  When I added the 60 and 90 day it stopped working.

0 Kudos
furstlars
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Could there possibly be a limitation with this solution in the context of a repeating section? Since there is a pause action in your example, the "for each" action used to get XML data for repeating items would clearly be halted after the first item.

Is there a way around this?

0 Kudos