Redirect to different site on cancel

Badge +8

So I know how to redirect after the save button is clicked but I want to redirect to another site when the cancel button is clicked. I know how to redirect the cancel button to the last page but can't figure out how to redirect to a different one. I don't want the user to be able to see the list the form is built off of. Thanks

12 replies

Badge +16

On the button settings itself under advanced there is Redirect URL - can you use that?

Badge +8

You would think it would work but it doesn't take me back to the URL I put in there.

Badge +16

what do you put in there and where does it take you?

Badge +16

the help doesn't say anything about any limitations on what you can put in here:

Redirect URL(Displayed for the following button types: Save, Save and Submit, Cancel.) The URL to redirect to after the form is closed through this button control.
Badge +16

although it would seem you are forced to be in your current site collection...  based on my attempt to redirect to google!

Badge +16

ok if I put www.google.com it tries to go to /sites/sp2013testing/Lists/Hobson/www.google.com

but if I put http://www.google.com it works fine.

Badge +8

This list is on a subsite and I put the mother page link in the "client click". I just noticed it is not labeled redirect URL like you stated. That would be in he form settings, which I have used for the save button do also go back to the mother page. When I use the client click (no jva) it just takes me back to the list. If I use jva do a do redirect, it just brings the form back up. Make sense?

Badge +8

I am using the complete address. It works fine with the redirect for the save button. But not for the cancel button.

Badge +16

What version of forms are you on?  Perhaps you don't the lovely button redirect feature I have screenshot.  Have a look at ‌ and

Badge +9

Thanks ‌!

Hi Josh,

Which version of Nintex Forms are you using? Build 2.10.0.0 (2013), build 4.2.0.0 (2016) included the Button redirect feature allowing form designers to add custom redirects on all buttons. Can you confirm you are using at minimum one of those builds?

If you are using Nintex Forms for Office365, you should also be able to add a redirect under the Advanced section of the button control settings.

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +8

Yes, I have read everything. Our company is upgrading to 2.10.2.0 in July so I am stuck on this old version until then. This is what I see right now. I need a java script that works.

Badge +3
Thank you Cassy, it worked for me with no issues, i was reading some other posts talking about Java script and other stuff, then i diverse how it was easy to achieve.
Many Thanks