Nintex Forms - data in required fields not saved to the list

• 21 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I have a very strange issue. For one of our application we are using Nintex forms to enable user to submit and manage the items in the list.

The list contains several fields and some of those are required in the list settings. One of those fields is Start Date and End date. And the problem is that on 3 occassions it happened that user was able to save the form without any data in these fields. Or it could be that user entered them but those were not saved into the list. There is a workflow on that list set to start on item creation and this fails when those dates are not in.

Anyone else has encoutered this before please?

I tried to google around but have not really found anything remotelly related to this.

Many thanx for any kind of answer.

Jan

4 replies

Badge +16

have you double checked on the form controls that they are required?

Badge +3

This is caused by user profile reqional settings that we use. Form was designed in en-US currentCultureName and if user with different currentCultureName fills it in the first time - I forgot to mention in my original question that user does not access the form by going to the site collection, list, new item but they have direct link to New Item which opens in dialogue mode for them. Most of the users don't even know that the site collection exists - form doesn't recognize the US date format as valid date and first displays the validation warning when saving and then when user goes on to correct the dates using the date picker the form displays it in local date format and user is able to save the item. But the data in those dates fields is not saved to the item.

So this is the root cause.

I am now currently trying to solve this with our nintex support person we have for our company.

So, for now, I am marking the question as Assumed Answered.

Thanx anyways for you input.

Jan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ‌ -- yes, a client of ‌ / ours is experiencing this issue. Just as you explain - although in our situation, we are using Current User and then populating some fields - such as Department - (which is required.)

Just as you, every so often, the field does not save and the workflow does not trigger.

Thank you for writing about how you've resolved yours. I somehow doubt ours has to do with regional settings... I guess it could?

Badge +3

Hi Rhia,

well, we have not solved it as such yet. As a workaround we have a JS in the form in document ready function which checks if the validation message about date formats is displayed and if it is then it reopens the form in new tab and closes the current one.

NWF$(document).ready(function(){
    var validDateMessage = NWF$('.nf-validation-summary ul li');
    if (validDateMessage) {
         if (validDateMessage.length == 2) {
              var litext = validDateMessage[0].innerHTML;
              if (litext == "Please enter a valid date.") {
                         alert('We are sorry but due to different profile settings the form needs to be reloaded. The form will open in another window (this one will be closed).');
           var url = _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl + "/Lists/CustomList01/NewForm.aspx?isDlg=1";
           window.open (url , "mywindow" );
           window.open (url +"#maintain_focus","_self");
           window.close();
            }
         }        
    }
});

We are currently having a support case open with Nintex in order to find a proper solution for this problem

Jan