select users for Assignflexi task in workflow initiation form

Badge +8

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario for our business and was wondering of the best way this can be achieved via Nintex.

1] A workflow needs to be created in which the users needs to be able to select the users to whom the flexitask needs to be sent to. As its a dynamic selection of people, how can this be achieved using Initiation form? Further these list of people needs to be limited to a particular sharePoint group.

I.e The user before starting the workflow needs to have the ability to select the people(multi selection) it needs the task to be sent to (approver) and this list of people should come from a specific group(this group can be dynamically determined either by reading a list or to through some user string search).

Please could someone advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shrini

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Shrini,

That is a neat scenario and hopefully we can give you some guidance that can help on the adventure. Let me try to provide a beginning example and then build from there if necessary. I see that you will have a list with at least one Person or Group field. When creating this field, make sure you specify in the Additional Column Settings "Choose From - SharePoint Group" and then choose a group. You can also allow it to be mutli select.

69192_pastedImage_0.png

Now when creating a new item from this list you will have the Person field to complete and pick persons.

You can then have a workflow set to start on new items. This workflow will take the value of the custom field and use it in the Assign To field in the Flexi Task to be the approver.

This isn't everything it looks like you are after, but is this a start? Does this make sense?

Badge +16

‌ did you resolve this in the end?  Can Andrew's answer be marked as correct or did you find an alternative approach?

Badge +8

Hi Cassy,

That was like 2 years ago and the business scenario changed a little bit, but I will mark Andrews answer as correct as it goes in the same direction though

Regards,

Shrini