Solved

Load splitted items into picker control

Badge +5

Hello Community,

Is there a way how I can load multiple single items into a picker control?

Szenario:

-User picks multiple user in a picker control

-Save items with a for each rule (I need single items for a different Drop-Down control)

-Load users for editing into picker control (but how?)

I hope it is clear what I mean.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Alex

icon

Best answer by RaymondJVR 3 April 2019, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Hi  @A_Christ

I did some relevant digging and the link (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/4.7/default.htm#picker_control.html) is the findings that picker control can used to load multiple items as shown in the below screenshot.

Also check with https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/Picker/PickerControl.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CSmartForms%7CForms%7CControls%7CInput%2520Controls%7C_____15 under considerations this will assist you regarding multiple value and editable loaded lists.

Regards;

Widson.

Should you find the above information useful or answered your question kindly mark with "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution", as this will help other upcoming k2 developers in the near future.

Otherwise provide us with more content so we can further assist with the issue.

Hello A_Chris,

Loading multiple items into your picker control is possible, you just have to make sure that your picker control rules are setup correctly to be able to pickup multiple items. See image below:

Please could you elaborate on the last question "Load users for editing into picker control (but how?)" so that I may be able to further assist.

I hope you find this post helpful in resolving part of your issue if not all. Should it be helpful in any way, please mark it as such by "Mark As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be of help to other members of the community who encounter a similar issue.

Regards,

Katleho

Badge +5
Hello Kathleho,

thank you for your quick response.
With the second question I mean, after I've created single items how can I show them again in one picker control.

Regards,
Alex
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi 

Wel basically when you select multiple items in a picker control the intent is that the usernames in the picker will be saved as one record therefore if you do use the for each rule to break the usernames up so you can save them each in their own record the structure of how the picker receives the data is now broken up into sections which means that if you are planning on passing the now seperated usernames back to the picker control via a transfer data rule that they need to be merged again in order for the picker to see all the usernames, to merge the usernames back in you would need use an expression Or altenatively you can add a additional save rule just above your for each that would save the usernames all together in one record to allow you to use that list Id containing all the usernames in a picker input format later on in the picker again. In other word the saved record should then look something like this:

Id      Name

1        Bob;Dan;Mike                 -

2        Bob                                    

3        Dan

4        Mike                                  

--> The Id 1 record can be reused to load the data back into the picker control by calling the Id.

--> Id 2, 3 and 4 has been broken up by the for each rule which mean you can only pass one of them the picker via the Id or you would need to merge them back into one control or one record to be able to use it int he picker again as a loaded value.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond