K2 Out Of Office is not working for AD Group as destination

Badge +9

Hello All, In my scenario, i am using AD group as destination. When i start an instance, it creates a task to AD group users (User 1, User 2). Now if User 1 sets K2 OOF by providing User 3 as "Forward All work items to" list, its not delegating/forwarding the User 1 tasks to User 3. What could be the cause? Any ideas?

6 replies

Badge +10

In this situation User 3 never gets assigned the task at all and cannot see it?  If you don't use groups it works fine?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

What version of K2? What does the AD group structure look like for User1? Is it nested AD groups? (Group containing group containing users) Vernon

Badge +9

@ Chris, yes in this scenario, it never gets an assinged task to User3. It doesnt work If we use ADgroups concept, it works fine for User concept.

@ Vernon, K2 version - K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with KB001420)

AD group holds normal structure, Group contains users...

Badge +2

We're having a similar issue. I have done some more digging and found that the OutOfOfficeService.asmx service in the Runtime Services is not loading. The other Runtime Services are loading fine. The services are being hosted in IIS7.5. The Application Pool is configured to use .Net Framework V2 .0 and the Managed Pipeline Mode is configured to Classic.

Our environment is also K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with KB001420.

@srikanth.ch, does the web service load on your environment?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

What is the K2 Support ticket number?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Just to close the thread, it was a known issue and there are some workarounds

1)      Set the advanced dest rule to Resolve all groups and Roles to users. (Identity service must expire and re-cache for this to start working)

2)      Add the Group in a role and use the role as the destination user.