cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I limit an address book to only show managers?

Jump to solution

We have an approval workflow, that usually requires team leader approval - however we can't build that control in to the workflow, as a lot of people travel, so the user needs to be able to select any other manager to approve this for them.

Is there a way that we can mark a user as an approving manager in AD (custom attributes?), and then as part of the workflow, limit it so that users can only select from those with the custom attribute?

Because of our requirements for this to be open, currently users can select any other user to approve their requests - this isn't really ideal from a governance perspective though.

I'm pretty new to nintex,so would really appreciate any help with this!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I limit an address book to only show managers?

Jump to solution

Zoe, how are you having the user select the manager?  If they are doing on the item in SharePoint, you can restrict the people picker field to only show certain users.  You can create a group in SharePoint, and put the people you want the user to be able to select in that group.  Then in the settings of the people picker field, set the "Choose from" to pick from a SharePoint group, and select the group you just created.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: How do I limit an address book to only show managers?

Jump to solution

Hi Brendan

Thank you, that's a really simple and effective solution! We can just ensure that we create a group for all line managers, and only allow selection from that.

Thanks very much! For some reason, I was expecting this to be much more difficult...

0 Kudos