\Item with same key already added\" Configuration error"

• 20 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to do the following:

1. When a user marks a document in our Document library as needing updates, I want the workflow to create a new Document Request saying as much in our Assignments list. 
2. However, the Create Item action gives me the above validating configuration error when I try.

Full text of the validating configuration error

I've used the same action to create an item on a simpler list - Announcements and encounter no such error.

But when I try to create a new Doc Request, this error shows up and I can't even save the workflow and reopen it, let alone run it.  Additionally, in the Configuration fields that appear, two Description fields are listed even though the Assignments list only asks for one.  (Note: Doc Requests require a lot of metadata, which is why I want to automate the process for Updates.)

Any ideas on what's causing the issue?  I've gone Googling but cannot find a solution that applies.

Here are the fields that appear when you open the Create Item action:

List of New Doc Request Fields
See how there are 2 Description Fields.  The error occurs as soon as I select Team assignments as the location for the new item.

Selection that triggers error

Any help appreciated.  I can attach other details if it helps.

Thanks,

Rae Ann

3 replies

Badge +17

One thing to check is the content type on the list you're trying to create a new item for. There seems to be some conflict within that list. Is that a custom list that you are referencing?

Badge +3

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm not sure what I am looking for in the Content Type, but I do select the correct Content Type in the Create Item action.  And, I'm assuming it's a custom list.  Is there some other kind?  If you go to add an app to our SharePoint list, that or external list are the only list options I see.

I read some other posts with this error, but they were all trying to set permissions with the workflow.  I'm not sure how that's connected  Could it be we don't need a content type at all?

Badge +17

Try creating a new list from scratch to see if the conflict goes away and don't import in a content type which has its own site columns.

Try that first.