Destination User in K2 and InfoPath

• 17 February 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I have a infopath which is integrated with K2 workflow for approval process. In infopath form i have three checkbox along expression box(it has account id's like k2:domainuser1, k2:domainuser2 and k2:domainuser3). if the user selects the multiple fields on infopath form runtime, K2 workflow's infopath client event should set these approvers.

How this can be done? this can be accomplished by smarobjects or managed code do i need to use in Infopath codebehind.

Please provide me with some more details with steps.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards

Madhan

2 replies

Badge +11

Could you have three different fields on the form to contain the users associated with the check boxes instead of a comma delimited expression box?  If so, you could use destination sets.  Go into the advanced mode of the destination rule for the client event.  Add one destination set for each check box/field combo.  The destination set user will be the InfoPath field that holds the user and the destination set rule can be set using the dialog to something like 'if CheckBox2 = True'.  Using this approach, the destination user will be assigned to the client event when the destination set rule is true.

Badge +6

Thanks David, my requirement is i have a data in database like ID,Name,Account ID.

ID is a checkbox in infopath

Name is expression field.

I have a 10 rows in database, so this give 10 checbox's along with expression box in repeating table in infopath.(Dynamically)

So, whenever, user clicks the check the checbox of ID field that i need to fetch the corresponding Account ID and set to destination user for K2 workflow.

Also, i have problem in retaining this check box in infopath when the it goes another view, i mean when the user click the submit, i am changing the view to another.

David, Please help me this regard.