Do workflows fail out with Multiple Lines of Text fields?

Badge +8

So I noticed, after I exported a list and tried to paste the data into another list, that fields that are setup as multiple lines of text don't paste. And yes, this other list is also setup as multiple lines of text. I receive an error in my workflow that list does not exist and all items could not be copied. Could this field being setup as multiple lines of text, be causing this workflow to error out? Thanks!

Cassy Freeman

3 replies

Badge +16

that shouldn't be the case at all.

I have just created a quick test workflow that copies the contents of one multiple lines of text field on one list, to another multiple lines of text field on another list and it works fine.

Badge +16

there has to be another reason for this.  could it be that the error is correct?  you say you've exported the list - have you updated the configuration of your workflow to point at the correct list? 

Badge +8

Hi Cassy

It appears I have mitigated the error so it wasn't related. But this was more of a general question. Just trying to understand the ins and outs. Thought maybe having it setup up as multiple lines of text (6 rows) was failing it if it was more than 6 rows or something. Thanks for responding!