cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do I create custom workflow web parts for SharePoint?

There are existing "My Workflow Tasks" and "Workflows I've Started" web parts but I have a need to show users the workflows they've "Completed" so that if they would like to refer back for some reason they can. I am constantly wanting to go back and review previous workflows but find myself having to resort to browsing the "hidden" lists instead of being to use our bespoke front end. Any thoughts?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I create custom workflow web parts for SharePoint?

You can use the Workflow Report Viewer web part an set a filter:

praios81
Nintex Newbie

I think what you search is something like "get all workflow that are completed and which's last approver is [Me]", right (as the workflows not neccessarily have to be started by [Me]).

As there is no builtin report to have an overview of these workflows you could either write an own web part or you can create a custom workflow task content type and save the workflow name and the approver's name to the last task in your workflows.

By doing this you can add a filtered app part of the workflow task list that only shows the workflow tasks of the completed workflow custom content type which has [Me] in the approver's name column.

bashyarajan
Nintex Newbie

I am using Nintex Standard Version,. I guess Nintex Standard Edition doesn't have this feature..!!

praios81
Nintex Newbie

You're right. The report viewer stuff is an Enterprise Edition feature

bashyarajan
Nintex Newbie

yeah , I'm planning to create a custom webpart which pulls data from many task and WF history lists of different web applications... Will post the output soon...