cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do I clear a nonbound field in a Nintex form after the form has been saved?

Jump to solution

How do I clear a nonbound field in a Nintex form after the form has been saved. What I would like to happen is have the nonbound control reset to blank the next time the form is displayed or opened.  I've been trying to use Update XML in a Nintex workflow, but it does not do anything (and no errors are generated). Is there an example of updating the "formdata" xml somewhere I can reference?

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
barryc
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I clear a nonbound field in a Nintex form after the form has been saved?

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

Not sure if you worked this one out already but I was trying to do something similar and tried the setting to null too which worked fine.

I created a Nintex Form with two unbound fields NC1 and NC2. In the Update XML action I updated NC2 to null by using the XPath /FormVariables/NC2 and leaving the value to set this node to empty. The resulting value was saved into a multiline text variable.

UpdateXML.png

Then use Update Item to set the value of the FormData hidden column to the value of the variable stored above. This set the value of NC2 to empty but could also be used to update it to another value.

Have attached my workflow for reference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: How do I clear a nonbound field in a Nintex form after the form has been saved?

Jump to solution

Thank you Barry.  That did it!  What I was not doing was using the Update Item command.

0 Kudos