Line rule on an expired activity

• 30 May 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

We have an activity that has an escalation rule that expires an activity on a specific date and time.

We want to force the process to take a specific path when this event occurs. We added a new line with the rule defined has (All of  ActivityInstanceDestStatus = Expired). But the rule never evaluate to true.

We also tried the K2.activity.status = Expired has it was done in K2.net 2003.

How do we identify that an instance has expired?

Thanks

Dominic

1 reply

Badge +11

I haven't used 2003 much, so I can't answer that question.  Here's how I do it in blackpearl.  If your activity has a client event, the wizard automatically created an activity level variable called Outcome.  The line rules will be set by the wizard to reflect one of your actions, for example, Outcome = Approve.  Edit your activity level variable and give it a default value, like Expired.  If the user makes a choice, Outcome will contain the chosen Action.  If the activity expires, it will still contain your original value.  You can then add a new line (or modify an existing one) to check for your default value.

If you're not using a client event, you can add your own activity level variable.  Just be sure some event sets it to an n appropriate action if it is completed before expiration.