Grouping items in a Database view

• 3 February 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I created a database view using a smart object,

is there a way to group items let's say, by region?

So there would be a plus sign next to the region, you click it, and the view expands to show you all the item in that region?

thanks!

3 replies

Badge +4

A similar approach would be to have a list of regions in a drop down list. Created a smartobject that gets the item/s for that region using the region as an input. Configure the drop down list so that when its changed it calls this smartobject and populates a list view or even another drop down list with all the item/s for that region.

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply. however that wouldn't work if I wanted to display more than one region at  a time.

The idea is to have Items grouped by region while you can see all the other ones as well, this is going to sit on a laptop, and be refreshed automatically every 5 min to bring new items into that view.

Maybe something similar how to outlook groups by sender and such (Picture )

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

Badge +4

Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything else other than having multiple list views for each region. if there aren't many regions then it wouldn't be a issue but if the regions list is dynamic, I cannot think of a way to do it. Maybe someone else might a have a custom control or clever ideas.