cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can you create an item on a different list for each repeating section item?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

New to nintex, trying to create a workflow that will create an item for each repeating item on my parent list.

Scenario:

Resources List (Parent)

Name

Team

Repeating section will have

Project Name, 30, 60, 90 day columns to which users can add multiple entries

Once the items are saved, it needs to create an item for each Repeating section under the same person.

My idea is to create query list getting the number of items under the repeating section, run a loop that has the create item part.

My current workflow however doesn't even get the Project Name as it is in XML code. Do I need to convert the XML first? Screenshots will be helpful in configuring the workflow controls, thank you so much!

Labels: (2)
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can you create an item on a different list for each repeating section item?

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: How can you create an item on a different list for each repeating section item?

Jump to solution

I did Fernando, but I need something that will help me configure the query xml and loops. Any help is much appreciated

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Nino Azurin​,

Vadim Tabakman​ has a great article on how to accomplish this, even providing a downloadable example. See Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the link, I've been reading the links mentioned above for a while. I guess what I need is a crash course on actually using the Query List, Query XML and using variables, thank you

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Nintex Workflow help files are awesome. Seriously! You can also get to them via the help button in your workflow designer.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

so is this how I would create a repeating section that would create a new item in the current list for each repeating section?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Emily,

I just published a quick blog post to answer this question. Hope it helps!

here is the blog post