cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can we show data collected through Request Data in List

I am triggering a workflow by creating an item in a list. The list has only 3 fields. When we enter these 3 fields and submit, it goes for approval. After approval it goes back to Initiator and request more data using Request Data control.

I want to show the data which is collected through request data along with data in the initial list with 3 fields. I cant add these request data fields to the initial List because I don't want workflow to ask for this data in the beginning it will make only sense only after approval.

Any suggestions on this.

Thanks.

4 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: How can we show data collected through Request Data in List

Have you Nintex Forms?

If so, you can customize the form hiding the fields used on Request Data Control.

Highlighted
Not applicable

No I don't have Nintex form.I only have Nintex workflow for now.

pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Without Nintex Forms, one way to achieve this is to use content types on the list.

Set 2 content types :

- one with the 3 fields

- an other extended one with data provided by request data

Set the second one to be not visible on New Button in the list.

Optionally, after you set content types, you could disallow content types management in advanced settings of the list in order to never show content type selector in the edit form of items.

In the "Request Data" action, check "Display the item properties panel on the task form".

Add fields as needed and map them to workflow variables.

Once done, you should obtain a such task form :

Finally use a "Update item" action to edit the current item, changing its content type and adding new data stored in workfloaw variables.

Hope this helps

Not applicable

Hi, Prashant Singh​, keep us posted on whether you have a solution. Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos