OUTDATED: Nintex Workflow 2016 - Product Update Process

• 19 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

This blog post has been heavily leveraged but unfortunately is outdated. Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for further guidance:

Updating Workflow and Forms for SharePoint On-Premises

https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/Updating-Workflow-and-Forms-for-SharePoint-On-Premises/ta-p/119304

3 replies

Badge +6

In section 5, the link to the Connect and enable external connection and external form features is broken

Badge +4

Hi Dean, thanks for letting us know about the broken links. All fixed now happy.png 

Badge +7

I thought I'd share my experience with upgrading (from 4.3.1.1 to 4.3.3.0) and, in particular, the issues I encountered and how I went about resolving them.

Firstly, at step 3 (above), the Solutions Management page was reporting the nintexforms2016.wsp and nintexforms2016core.wsp solutions as Error. The suggested fix is to select the solution, then click the Deploy Solution. However, when I went into my failed solutions I had no such option. Instead, I could Retract Solution -- which I did -- and once the retraction completes I was able to Deploy Solution. Once the deployment completed, both solutions were successfully reporting as Deployed.

However, I still had issues as no Nintex forms were working. For example, when attempting to edit/design a form, I was getting the following error: 

The Expression prefix 'NFResources' was not recognized. Please correct the prefix or register the prefix in the <expressionBuilders> section of configuration.

To resolve this, I needed to re-activate the Nintex Forms feature on the web application(s) as suggested by this blog post. I don't know if this is normal practice for an upgrade (i.e. the feature gets deactivated) or a consequence of the error I experienced. Hopefully this post might help someone in future, and/or perhaps this document could be updated with the additional information on troubleshooting the error, if deemed appropriate.