Unable to find the Custom Javascript text area in Nintex Responsive forms

• 2 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

Recently i have started working on Nintex Responsive Forms, I am  trying to call the REST APIs in the Nintex Responsive forms. I searched in the form->settings-custom Javascript text area. But unable to find it. 

Kindly let me know if this feature is currently removed from Responsive forms or how can I write REST API call code in the Nintex Responsive forms. 

Best regards,

Kotresh 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

javascript is not supported in responsive forms -  

Badge +2

Hi Kotresh --

You can still add JavaScript libraries to SharePoint and use jQuery to find the Nintex Form control element and trigger JavaScript accordingly.I'm thinking about putting together some examples.

Jason

Badge +3

Hi Jason,

I was to use REST APi call in side the Nintex forms hence i am looking to use with jQuery function.

If you have any samples on Rest APi calls in Nintex Responsive forms please share it .

Thanks  and Regards,

Kotresh

Badge +3

Hi K B Kotresh‌,

I'm using the following method to add the JavaScript in the Nintex Responsive form.

Step 1:

Drag and drop a Rich Text control in your form.

Step 2:

Go to the control setting by Double click on the Rich Text control. Then go to the html mode by click the </> icon

Step 3:

Type your JavaScript  with <script></script> tag. (see the following image) and Save.

Step 4:

Hide the Rich Text control using Rule. Don't use the control setting Visible option for hide the control.

Step 5:

Preview the form and See the alert from JavaScript.

Please give your feedback about this idea. happy.png

Thanks.

Croos.

Badge +3

Yes, Its  good Idea. 

Badge +4

Great! Definitely it's a break through.

Cheers!

Mani

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Please be careful using JavaScript in Form as it is not supported by Nintex and our DOM structure may change between updates.

In Universal Forms, we may not be supporting HTML tags so these may be stripped out in future.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@jsexton114Did you ever put together some examples?  I am using responsive forms, and need to be able to query content on other lists/libraries (thinking SPServices) tied to onClick activities for the current form checkboxes, etc.  A cheat sheet for each type of form control would be amazing!  I had one for native sp2010, 2013, 2019, etc. that made leveraging jquery a breeze to read/set dropdowns, checkboxes, people pickers etc.  One for Nintex responsive forms would simplify life!