how to uninstall k2.net 2003 server

• 10 August 2005
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I already installed the k2.net 2003 server, but after that i realized i made some mistakes in the k2 installation instructions, so what can i do now and isn't i need to uninstall it. If need, then can i have the steps to do it.
Thanks a lot.

4 replies

Badge +11
Hi Joey,

1. Make sure you've got a copy of the K2.net 2003 License key for your computer. If you haven't got it, please check the '_Server' table in the 'K2' database for your License Key and store it some place safe.
2. Stop K2.net 2003 Server if it is running either as a Service or in Console mode.
If it is running as a Service, go to Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services.
In the right-hand pane, scroll down to 'K2.net 2003 Server'.
Right-click on 'K2.net 2003 Server' and select 'Stop'.
If it is running in Console mode, just close the application.
3. If you need to keep your databases, make backups of the 'K2' and 'K2Log' databases from SQL Enterprise Manager.
4. Go to Settings | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs.
Select K2.net 2003 and click on the 'Change' Button.
Wait for the Install Shield Wizard to Initialize and click on 'Next' button.
Select 'Remove' Radio button and click on 'Next'.
This should remove ALL of K2.net 2003 from your computer.
5. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to 'C:Program Files'.
If there exists a 'K2.net 2003' folder within 'Program Files', delete it.
If for some reason you are unable to delete it, run an 'iisreset' command from within a command prompt and try to delete the folder again.
6. Open SQL Enterprise Manager and delete the 'K2' and 'K2Log' databases.

At this point K2.net 2003 should be completely removed from your computer and you should be ready to re-install.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +9
1. The K2.net 2003 Server license key will only be valid for that specific machine you have installed K2.net Server on, if for you install K2.net Server on a different machine you will have to request a new key.
2. The Uninstall/Remove of K2.net components will NOT delete the K2.net databases from MS SQL Server.
3. Reinstalling K2.net Server with existing databases can be done by deselecting the databases from the installations option screen, the installs will then still require database connection information, please point the installation to the existing K2.net databases.

Tip: You can also rerun the installation by clicking on the Setup.exe file located in the K2.net Installs to initiate the Remove action.
Badge +1
Really thanks for your help. Now my problem already settled.
Badge

hi amigo's!

i had tried your instruction and it work also for me.... :)

thank you  for sharing the info.

best regards,

Rolly Mendoza