cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can generate an unique barcode on the basis on a column using nintex workflow 2010

Jump to solution

How can generate an unique barcode on the basis on a column using nintex workflow 2010.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can generate an unique barcode on the basis on a column using nintex workflow 2010

Jump to solution

You could use the column named ID on your barcode.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: How can generate an unique barcode on the basis on a column using nintex workflow 2010

Jump to solution

If the barcode text is held in the list column, you may want to consider generating a URL in another column that points to a site like https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php and concatenate your text to it.

Something like this:

https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code=Your Text&style=197&type=C128B&width=167&height...

This allows you to build the URL with a  query string from your column and all that is needed is to click the link.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for you reply.

Could you please describe me things in detail, means how we can generate barcode using nintex workflow 2010.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Hunth,

I don't know, how we can generate barcode using workflow. so if you have anything then please let me  know.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

This is pretty straightforward, but requires a bit of setup beforehand.

First, you need to determine if the website can provide you with a proper barcode that you can use.

I have use https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php  before, but confirm that your specific format is there. If not, you could swap out this for another site.

Once you have confirmed that the site can generate something for you, create a one manually and save the link (you'll need it later!). Make sure you put in something that you can easily identify what you entered (use XXXXXX or INSERTHERE see my example below).

Setup the list in SharePoint.

Create a list and you'll need 3 columns:

1. Barcode - single line text

2. Barcode Link - Hyperlink

3. Barcode Image - Picture

Workflow:

Create a workflow and have it start on NEW.

You will want to drag in an Update Item action (that is all you need!) and update Barcode Image and Barcode Picture.

Click on the Insert Reference and then Item Properties. Paste in the saved link. Replace your placeholder text with the item property {Barcode}:

Do this for both the Link and Image columns.

See it in action!

Create a new item in your list and let the workflow do it's magic!

Hope this helps!

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello Riya Garg​ -

Were you able to get this working? Let us know what you landed on and how you did it!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Great answer, this works. I also used a JQuery plugin at BARCODE : JQUERY PLUGIN TO CREATE BARCODE ONLINE

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yo - this was a great post. You've helped me: Present Rhia. Past Rhia had no clue what this would be all about, but Present Rhia now knows that it is required in a project and Future Rhia is thankful for how well this is written out.