close the browser window.

• 16 April 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me.

When users submit a form and this rule fires

close the browser window.

it will close on some and go to a blank screen on others.Can someone help me how to avoid blank page and i want tab to be closed as expected.Is there any IE settings to be done.Please suggest me how can i achieve to close browser window.?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Haridoll

This is expected behaviour in IE and I don't believe there are any IE settings that can be changed to stop this. You could experiment with Javascript on your form to try and close the current tab, but I would recommend against this as you might get unexpected behaviour (if it is even possible).

As a sort of workaround to this issue I have in the past created a "Redirect" form that contains a generic message (and company logo) that says something like "Thank you for submitting your form, you may now close this tab". Instead of using the "Close the Browser Window" rule I used a "Navigate to another form"  and selected the Redirect form.  This approach is a bit more graceful than simply going to a blank tab. You could get clever with the message to and have it display dynamically (e.g. by passing in parameter and/or executing a smartobject read method to return the message).