Workflow

• 26 August 2014
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I have an issue connected with workflow. I created a typical accept/refuse workflow with smartforms integration. I bulit rules in a form (When the Form is Initialized, When Accept is Clicked) etc. The problem concerns the fact that, I can only accept/refuse task when I open it using link that is in an e-mail. I would like to open task while clicking on list item or link in an e-mail. Now when I try to open a task from a list it only takes me Base state but it should take Accept/refuse state.

5 replies

Badge +7

Hi magcen,

In K2 Studio when you first created your SmartForm, did you set the accept/refuse state as your default state? You can check this by backtracking to the SmartForm Integration screen and then going to the "Select Form and State" (first page right after the Welcome page). When you get to Select Form and State, there should be a checkbox selection near the bottom that reads "Make this state the default state." Let me know if this helps or if you figured something out!

Regards,

Alyssa

Badge +2

I am not sure if you understood correctly my issue :) What I want to get is the context of workflow while opening a item from a list. Now I now how to operate with workflow when I want to open an item from an e-mail and do some action. I would like to be able to open an worklist item and action reject or accept outcome.  

Badge +7

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Have you looked at this documentation yet? If you look through this, I believe Steps 1-6 will be most relevant. 

I would also note that in Step 6 you probably do not want to include the line involving the Configured Actions and Standard Actions  (lines 3 & 4) if you only want to approve/reject the task via the worklist item. 

Let me know if this was better.

Regards,

Alyssa

Badge +2

What kind of documentation do you mean? :)

Badge +7

If you hover over the word, "this" in my reply (second sentence), it has a link attached that will take you to the document. Did it not work for you?