cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamel659
Nintex Newbie

How can a validate date and time

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble producing a error if start date and time is greater than end date time. It only compares dates, but not time. I need both compared.

Labels: (2)
10 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How can a validate date and time

Jump to solution

we need more details on what you trying to do, what error do you get, what environment you work on, is it for form or workflow, etc, etc...

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
jamel659
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm using SharePoint Nintex form. I have two columns in the form. Meeting_Start captures the date and time for the beginning of the Meeting. Meeting_End captures the date and time the meeting ends. I'm using a validation control to compare date and time to make sure that the user doesn't select a start date and time that is great than the end date and time. Also, the reverse for End_Meeting. The control only compares the dates and throw an error when it sees the same date. For example: 5/12/2017 12 pm is start and 5/12/2017 1pm is end. I'm getting the error message I created because it's only comparing dates and not date and time.

jamel659
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm using SharePoint Nintex form. I have two columns in the form. Meeting_Start captures the date and time for the beginning of the Meeting. Meeting_End captures the date and time the meeting ends. I'm using a validation control to compare date and time to make sure that the user doesn't select a start date and time that is great than the end date and time. Also, the reverse for End_Meeting. The control only compares the dates and throw an error when it sees the same date. For example: 5/12/2017 12 pm is start and 5/12/2017 1pm is end. I'm getting the error message I created because it's only comparing dates and not date and time.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Check out the Date and Time Format Strings - Quick Reference Guide article from Andrew Glasser and see if this helps with the date formats.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

hwo do you compare it?

see following how should it work  

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

So you can't do this? My Validation Rule is comparing the two controls by time.

View solution in original post

jamel659
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This works. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Awesome, glad we were able to help. Please mark the answer correct as to benefit others with the same question. Happy Nintexing!

0 Kudos