SharePoint calculated & lookup fields

Badge +2

Hi all,

I was working on some SharePoint K2 integration tasks when I realized that SharePoint (2010) returns some 'overhead' data when I connect to calculated or lookup fields I occacionally use in lists and libraries. In particular we had a calculated datetime column that added 25 days to another column of the same list. In my process I have to compare the actual date (today) with this column which wasn't so easy because of the leading ID#; information of that column. What is the best practice to get rid of the leading characters? Just using inline functions? I am a bit dissapointed because K2 could have provided a function for this because I assume everybody has issues with it.

Many thanks!

Joachim

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi Joachim,

What version of K2 are u currently using?

I will have a look f this is available in one of the current releases.

If not you available you are welcome to log a support ticket with a future request.

Regards

Quintin

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Dodfe76

Please confirm if this process of yours is purely sharepoint or does it have K2 SmartForms combined with it?

If this is the case where it has K2 Smarform combined with sharepoint then confirm if the date (today) is compared agains a column in SmartForms or on sharepoint list/libraries?

Badge +2

We are running the latest Blackpearl version 4.6.7 and tested it against SharePoint 2010 Enterprise last week. No SmartForms involved this time. We were just accessing a list in SharePoint via a SmartObject that was created by the K2 SharePoint SmartObject Management.