How can I show a 'submission successful' page inside of the same dialog box?

• 4 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Working with Nintex Forms 2010.

Normally, a redirect to a page after form submission is ok, but for this particular project it is important that the 'form submission completed successfully' page be displayed inside the same dialog box as the form itself.  How can I make this happen?

Thanks,

~~Kolten

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi Kolten,

Tested on Nintex Forms 2013 but you should be able to do the same.

The only way I found to achieve this was editing the NewForm page in order to close the current WebPart and add the Nintex "List Form" WebPart... But you will loose the form ribbon and see an unexpected tab at the top of the form.

173697_pastedImage_0.png

173698_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I'd say you could write some JavaScript code to just show a popup dialog even that wouldn't be a redirect inside of the same page.  I think Pierre's solution is pretty close to what you described.

Badge +2

I am not sure how to "close the current webpart and add the nintex "list form" webpart.  not sure how to initiate this change when the user clicks the SUBMIT button either - could you elaborate?

Badge +7

To edit the NewForm, go to the "Advanced settings" of the list.

At the bottom of the page, you can stop using the dialog mode.

176306_pastedImage_0.png

Then, go to create a new item in the list.

When your on the form, you can edit it via the "Site action" menu (top left in the 2010 ribbon)

Afficher l'image d'origine

You're now able to remove the current WebPart and add the Nintex "List Form" WebPart.

Configure it to display the "New form" of the list and save changes.

Now, go to the Nintex Forms Designer of the list.

In the Form settings, you're able to select the custom confirmation message in the "List form WebPart" section.

176307_pastedImage_1.png

Finally, go again to the "Advanced settings" of the list to re-enable the dialog mode.