cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thzu
Nintex Newbie

How can I use the For Each Action on IDs?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a workflow that filters out all the items I want and saves the IDs of the list items in a collection (with the Query List Action).
I am saving them in a Collection variable of course. Then I use the For each action on that collection. What type should the 'Store result in' variable be? I tried number and list item ID but that gave me a Coercion error.

Then I tried Singe line of text and I did not get an error but for debugging I sent a notification to myself with the IDs (collection) and the variable (singe line of text) and what showed up in the mail was:

43;44; not compatible

Any helpful tips?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How can I use the For Each Action on IDs?

Jump to solution

OK so you know the collection is being populated with information which is good.

I always use List Item ID type for the variable when I have a collection of IDs.  But you say that gives you an error?  Can you screenshot your query list config and your for each config please?

View solution in original post

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Nina - if you want to send me an email I would be more than happy to send you an example I have using IDs in a collection. ben.stori@solutiondesign.com - Just put Nintex ID Collection help in the subject line.

0 Kudos
thzu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Sorry - I forgot to update this question. Its working now, I made a mistake. Can I delete the question?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Under Actions can you just mark the question as completed/Answered?

0 Kudos