cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How can I use Nintex Forms with different content types in workflow?

yeah I learnt the hard way   with a document library the "new" bit is the uploading of the document and not the addition of metadata (hence how you can upload and leave checked out with any metadata) so the adding of metadata is actually treated as modify!  is that right ‌?  I am sure it is but now I've typed it I am questioning it.  I remember us having a lot of fun and games with this!

tapologo
Nintex Newbie

That's correct, my mistake, I meant to say document library. 

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Yes see my explanation above - conditional start on creation for document library is not possible.

Automation Master
Automation Master

That being said, you can create a false conditional start by putting the logic into your workflow and triggering for every "new" item. Have several "Run Ifs" for different factors and "End Workflow" if they are not met.

Automation Master
Automation Master

yes exactly - and the run if should be able to look at the content type for sure!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Yes ‌, spot on.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Unless you're restrained by the subscription model (i.e. you have to ration the number of workflows you create) I would look at using the reusable site workflow as Cassy mentioned earlier. This means creating 5 different workflows for each of your content types and then provisioning them to the library they are used in. Just for simplicity. But if you are limiting the number of workflows you have then ‌'s suggestion will be best.

Automation Master
Automation Master

worries me that the subscription model would make you change the design... 

Automation Master
Automation Master

Budgets, budgets, budgets!

Automation Master
Automation Master

It is scary how much some people will try to cram into the 5 workflow package...

The way I see it, you're going to spend more time fixing / changing than what the total cost of the next package up would be...