Attachment URL from a list item to task item(Approval form)

• 12 October 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to get the attachment url from a list item to a assign flexi task item(task form). I cannot use Call web services as my organization have blocked it for some reason.Also what is the use of having attachments as a Boolean Function instead of displaying the attachment name?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then the only possible way I can think of is not to use customized nintex task form, but rather default sharepoint's task form.

it's not very 'user friendly' but it gives you access to all the item's attachments.

Badge +2

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Is there a possibility of using java script to fetch the attachment link? 

Badge +2

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Is there a possibility of using java script to fetch the attachment link? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how would you run js code from workflow?

I have one another idea, though.

however, it's based just on assumption...

attachment URL looks like (at least on SP2013):

<list URL>/Attachments/<Item ID>/<file name>

you can build list URL by tweaking available references like Item URL, Web URL, List name, etc.

item ID is available from item properties.

file name(s) could be read out of hidden FormData field

so using all those you could be able to build attachment link on your own.

but as I've said, it's based on an assumption how does att. link looks like and it need not work on all environments that way resp. might change with some SP patch.

Badge +2

That's a great suggestion. I could build a link but could you please tell me how to fetch the file name?. How do I find the hidden FormDataField. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's listed among item properties

it's a XML so you will have to parse out respective element(s)

Badge +4

Hi, 

I was looking for the item property - Form Data in Task list, but it is not available. Is it available in Custom list only? 

213405_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

'Form Data' hidden list field is Nintex' specific list field. it's created along with nintex form.

so once you create a form on your task list (ie. task form), you should find the filed listed among item properties.

Badge +4

Thanks ‌ for the information.