How to create a SmartObject from a SOAP web service?

• 10 September 2013
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I would like to find out how to create a SmartObject from a web service. 

From my limited understanding, I tried to setup an Endpoints WebService in K2 Workspace but I am not sure if this is the right way to go about this. Additionally, configuration documentation for Endpoints itself is not correct and therefore, I am not having luck with setting up the configuration correctly (Unable to connect to remote server error). 

I am on K2 blackpearl 4.6.6.

Any pointers are appreciated. 

Thanks.

Adnan

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi Adnan,

Please check the below post which explains about creating a SmartObject consuming web methods.

http://blog.myitechnology.com/2009/07/how-to-create-k2-smartobject.html

I was able to create a simple SmartObject with a list method using the steps mentioned in the above post. I hope it will help you too.

Thanks,

Vighneshwar

Badge +3

Thanks Vighneshwar. I had already reviewed the blog post but wasn't sure what version of K2 blackpearl is it using as I don't have the Dynamic Web Service option. I am on the lastest K2 blackpearl relaase of 4.6.6. 

I did however found the Endpoint Web Service which provides the similar function. I have since used it to create a SmartObject and but now getting errors when trying to generate K2 smart form view from this SmartObject. I have a ticket open with K2 support on it. 

Adnan

Badge +6

Adnan, Endpoint service broker is the way to go. After creating smartobject, did you check that all the methods are working fine by executing them using smartobject tester tool?

Badge +3

Thanks Sujeeth!

My back end is an SAP web service which is fairly complex with lot of objects so there were a large number of K2 objects generated when I generated the SmartObject. I regenerated some of the objects after the initial generation and used some shorter names for objects that seemed to have solved the problem.

We also employ K2 connect for creating service and SmartObjects from SAP BAPIs but having SmartObjects created form web services is also an option we are interested in.

Adnan

Badge

Hi Adnan,

did you managed to create K2 SAP service instance using Endpoint service broke?

When I do this it crashes with "Invalid WSDL", do you have any idea why?

I attached our SAP web service WSDL.

Thanks,

João

Badge +3

Joao,

Yes, I was able to create the service instance and corresponding SmartObject. 

Did you verify that your WSDL is valid without going through K2? 

Adnan