cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I "deattach" Nintex Forms database?

Jump to solution

During during writing migration scripts, I need to clear environment to test them. Unfortunately I did not found a way to deattach database of Nintex Forms.

Is there a way to do this with powershell?

3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I "deattach" Nintex Forms database?

Jump to solution

Hi Jacek,

what is the goal here?  When you say clean, are you talking having an environment as if you just installed Nintex Workflow and the DB to be clean?

If you go to Central Admin > Nintex Workflow Management > Database settings, the click on Edit.

Change the DB name and uncheck the Connect to Existing Database.

When you press OK, it would create a new Configuration Database and will be like you are starting fresh.

I've never tried any of this with PowerShell.

Vadim

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Vladim

What I mean by "clean evniroment", is the the state before attachning/creaing configuration databses in nintex.

What I need is to detach configuration databases (not content db) from both Nintex Workflows and Forms, preferably with Powershell,

so the Nintex so there would ne not configuration db attached.

I need this, beacuse during migration, I need to attach exisitng db's to Nintex, and since some db are already there from last migration test, I cannot do it properly.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Jacek,

I'm afraid I don't believe we have a PowerShell cmdlet or API for removing the Config database from NW or NF.  At least, not something that I know is documented.

I would assume that the connection strings to the databases are kept in Farm properties.  So you should be able to write some PS to enumerate Farm properties and have a look there and remove or blank out the connection string there.

Vadim