Problems with User Management Event

• 23 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me as I am fairly new to to using Blackpearl. I have a fairly straightforward SharePoint 2010 document library which I have integrated with a Blackpearl workflow process.

What I want is when a new document is added to this library the workflow starts and creates a subsite and then grants the person who created the document contribute access to the subsite.

I have the Created By SharePoint column mapped to a data field then in the workflow I have User Management Event which uses this data field as the user input and grants contribute permissions to that user.

The workflow kicks in ok and creates the subsite but when it gets to the User Management Event it fails with Server was unable to process request. ---> The User/Group does not appear to be discoverable.

I have read the other forum posts which have workarounds for this error when trying give permission to a SharePoint group but I cannot find anything about individual users.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +4

Seems that when running this for dynamic users (i.e. data fields or SmartObject lookups), you first have to select a user from the "Browse" button and finish the wizard.   I use the [Originator] and then click Finish all the way to the end.  Then when re-entering the wizard, you can change that user to a data field and it will work without the above error you mention.

Badge +8

Something else to try, ensure that the users exist in the new site before assigning permissions. I.e. use the SharePoint User Management wizard's Add SharePoint Users and Groups function to ensure that they exist before assigning permissions.