cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I make an email that changes based on a form?

Jump to solution

Hello all! I am fairly new to Nintex and greatly appreciate any help.

I have a somewhat lengthy form that I build in Infopath and that will be implemented in SharePoint. The output goes to a SharePoint form directory.

My question is, how can I design a workflow that will send an email based on which fields were filled out? I would rather not write a workflow and email for each possible situation, because there are a lot of fields and which ones need to get filled varies greatly based on the client.

Ideally what I want is to build one email template, and have it show (or not show) different sections based on what parts of the form were filled out. Can this be achieved, and if so how?

All the involved software is the 2010 versions .

Thanks!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I make an email that changes based on a form?

Jump to solution

Maybe you could build a variable using conditions and dump that variable to the email template.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you, that definitely sounds like the type of thing I'm looking for. How exactly do you set that up?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Couldn't you have a 'Client' field on the form? Based on that field you use whichever email template you want and display the fields based on that client.

So for example....use the Switch action and check Client field. If Client X use client X email....Client Y use client Y email....etc.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

There is a "client" field on the form, but the form will get a lot of use and will be different for almost every client. I'd prefer to automate the process as much as possible to prevent manually writing all the emails.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The value of Client will be different for each item. You will only have to create the emails once. From that point on, they will use those templates you create. There are SharePoint fields you can reference in the email notifications that will put the values in no matter what they are.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I think you'll need to do burkslm suggested and use a variable to build the conditions. Use the client as the switch condition. Then you work out the variable by adding up the fields that the client requires. For example,

Client A requires fields 1, 2, and 5 to be filled. Client B requires fields 2, 3 and 5 to be filled. You have a workflow variable "clientFields" that gets used in both switch conditions. Then use this variable in the email notification template outside the switch statement.

0 Kudos