Print Forms with Nintex Forms 2010 Standard

• 21 September 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I know that "Print to PDF" is only available for Nintex Forms Enterprise (which is a mistake IMHO, but doesn't appear to be going to change anytime soon). I have used the JavaScript "window.print()" command, attached to a "Print" button on the form. This works ok in some cases, but it results in very basic printed output that doesn't look much like the original form.

Is there any method or tool available that would allow us to print a Nintex form formatted in such a way as to look more or less like the onscreen form? This is something that we used to be able to do with our old InfoPath custom forms, so it would be nice to be able to do it from Nintex as well.

Thank you!

7 replies

Badge +17

Dean,

Do you have access to the Document Generation Action available in Nintex Workflow? 

Instead of trying to print the form directly from the browser, perhaps you can create a PDF that can be stored and printed which has richer formatting options than what's allowed in the form itself.

Maybe???

Badge +11

Same issue here :(

and shame that PDF Print is offered only to enterprise but I understand "it's all about money"

I also use the Print button with the window.print() JavaScript call but noticed that if the form is set to open the form in a dialog box then the print out will be in a small version; whereas if its not set to dialog box then it prints as it is.

@Eric Harris

I have Nintex Server version and that Doc. Generation is not on option.

There is not much option for us then I suppose :)

Badge +17

Do you know what type of Nintex license you have in place?  Also, are you running SharePoint 2010 or 2013?

Doc Gen is part of both our Standard and Enterprise licenses, so if you don't see that, you may have an old licensed version installed or be on a non-supported version of SharePoint.

Badge +11

SP2013 and Nintex 2013
currently the guys are in process of upgrading to SP2016

License is standard and DocGen is not an option when I look through all actions.
Will wait and see what SP2016  got to offer.

Badge +17

Bim,

Check with the guys to ensure Doc Gen is an enabled action. It's part of both Standard and Enterprise as long as you're on the new subscription licensing model.

Badge +3

I have Nintex Forms 2010 Standard, on premise, with paid annual software assurance. No Document Generation Action that I can see. This would be a great alternative solution, if it was available. 

Badge +3

Sorry, I meant we have Nintex Workflow 2010 Standard, on premise, with paid annual software assurance.