How to set a duration time for the process

• 7 December 2005
  • 5 replies

Badge +7
How can I do the following thing:

I want to abort each process that turned since more than 10 days...

It will be great if it was possible in K2 Studio...

Thx

5 replies

Badge +7
No idea? :?:
Badge +9
You can make use of Escalations to do this, have a look at "Go to" & "Expire" on the Escalation Actions.
Badge +7
Ok, that is for an activity expiration but for the whole process...

I mean, if my process is made of 5 activties and those five activities must not last more than 10 days?
Badge +11
Process wide Escalations...

Not included in out-of-the-box functionality. I've seen one implementation of this but it's not pretty - making use of IPC events, etc. And sorry, I haven't got access to the custom solution.

The easiest solution I think, would be to store a datafield ('ProcessStartDate') at the start of the process. On each Activity, you can then define an Escalation which should fire 10 days after 'ProcessStartDate'. When an Escalation then fires, expire the Activity and redirect process flow to a last 'cleanup' or 'exit' Activity.

Haven't tested it but it should work.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +9
I will recommend the second implementation of this as explain by Ockert and very important make use of Expire gives you better control of the workflow and visibility in report is overall better than using the Go to . IMHO :)

PS: No need to store the Process Start Date, you can get that from K2.ProcessInstance.StartDate