CopyIntoItemsLocal

• 1 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I am trying to use the Call Web Service action to move items from a library in one site to a subfolder within a library in another site. I have built my Destination URL string, which looks like this:

Web URL/archivearea/Archive%20Project%20Documents/str_FolderName/str_LibraryName/str_DocName

198186_pastedImage_1.png

When I enter my string into the browser (minus the document name), it works. However, when I enter it in the Call Web Service action to manually test it, I get an error:

<CopyResult ErrorCode="Unknown" ErrorMessage="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I tried the Destination URL with and without the document name at the end and I still get the error.

I have passed the variable through a Build String action to replace the spaces with spaces and to trim any spaces at the end.

Why isn't this working?

4 replies

Badge +6

Hey Andrea,

can you provide a screenshot of the configuration of the action?

Best regards,

Jan

Badge +7

We think it's a problem with our Test environment. I sat with my manager, a Nintex Evangelist, and we recreated the action in our Prod environment and it worked. I'm going to open a ticket with Nintex and ask about it. Here is a screenshot of the configuration so you can review it. Note that I tried this with both the "CopyIntoItemsLocal" and "CopyIntoItems":

198209_pastedImage_1.png

My research indicated that the data in the red box would need to be deleted for it to work. I tried it with and without that data and it did not work:

198210_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +7

The Call Web Service Action does not actually copy the documents into the library. It's like the action isn't even there. I can't preview my workflow history, but I can view the workflow details and it looks like the Call Web Service executed normally. It's inside a For Each loop because multiple documents are selected the action is supposed to copy each item one at a time:. It took 3 minutes for the For Each to complete, which makes sense:

198921_pastedImage_1.png

Here's the kicker: It used to work. Because of some sort of issue with this site, I can't access previous versions of my workflows.

It looks like I'm not the only one having this issue:

https://community.nintex.com/thread/13716-copyasmx-and-copyintoitemslocal

https://community.nintex.com/thread/12339

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.