Deployment Issue for Smartforms -Missing reference

• 20 January 2015
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I had created the Workflow which intergrated with Sharepoint Action Item Wizrd,SmartForm Client Event and few Smartobject.All works perfectly in dev.

To move this in QA env i had created the Deployment package.

When i tries to deploy the package in Qa i am not able to deploy it. i am getting below errors for Smartforms

Missing reference for Smartform & views.

i am using K2 smartforms 1.0.3 (4.12165.1585.0) version and K2 4.6.6

Please let me know what will be the issue.

Thanks

12942i8A410CA466701666.png
15104i026378AC121660A0.png

9 replies

Badge +5

Hello ,

I am getting below error when trying to deploy any smartform view / Forms

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 at SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.ServerSession.BeginDeploy()

Please help me i am stuck with this issue :(

Badge +8

Hello Niks,

I was wondering if you could attach the full stack trace. Thanks!

Regards,

Matt

Badge +5

Hey Matt,

I am getting below description only when i tries to deploy smartforms.Not much information or error description get trace out.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.ServerSession.BeginDeploy()

Niks

Badge +4

I would say double check to make sure all items needed are in place on your QA box.  Check out this thread regarding checking the xml file.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Missing-Dependancy-Deploying-Smartforms/m-p/62692#M17540

Badge +5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had check but dont seen any issue. If i look at refrence missing tab it shows refrence related to basic smartforms control like Form,Panel,Area Item,Basic Theme which is part of Smartform.

So i am not sure how error is occuring for basic controls

Niks

Badge +8

Hello Niks,

I was wondering if you could attach the package and deploy file, so I could take a look at it. Thanks!

Regards,

Matt

Badge +10

In your first attachment, I see there is a missing referene for Default Activity 1. Ive ha this error before, but  have never seen a missing reference for a theme.

To fix the mising reference fot he activity, what normally seems to be the issue is that, there are still some sort of reference fro the form to the wokflow. Did you have default activity 1 linked to that form before and now you may have changed it t link to another activity. What I nromally do, is open the form ad go to the , open worklist rule and then just remap everything and then again do the same in the actio worklist rule of the form. Even though it may look like its conigured fine, just go through as if you wering configuring it for the first time. Then package up the form and workflow agai and try deployment.

Hope that helps

Badge +5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

All ready i had remove and re run the rules for Acivity wizards but no luck.

I am not sure why i am receving referance erros for controls in smartforms.

Badge +5

Hi Guys,

Issue has been resloved.

Somehow Database values has been corrupted.

I reconfigure those values by runing K2 Package and Deployment  reconfiguration wizard.

After reconfiguration it works for me.