cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I delete or remove a workflow?

Now you might be wondering how you can delete an existing Nintex Workflow that you're no longer using. You can do this through the List or Library Settings of the list/library the workflow sits on, this option is a part of the SharePoint interface.

In the List/ Library settings page, you should see the option Workflow Settings, click on it. This page will show you any workflows that are associated with this list or library. Now to delete a workflow, click on Remove, Block or Restore a Workflow

On the Remove Workflows page, select either "No New Instances" or "Remove" to delete a workflow.

• No new instances = Allows any running workflows to complete, but prevents any new workflows to be started.
  • Remove = will cancel any running workflows.
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I delete or remove a workflow?

Hi Emily, how do you do the same with Nintex for O365?

In my case, I want to import a master workflow over the top of the one that I already created.  I can't simply import and publish because it tells me that I already have a workflow of the same name.  I successfully removed the workflow as per the instructions above but Nintex still thinks a workflow of the same name still exists.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey Chris, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, we haven't implemented the functionality to delete from our Office 365 app yet, however it is on the roadmap. Will keep you posted!

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Emily

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Please add this feature to the Office 365 version

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If I have a list item with a scheduled workflow and I choose "No New Instances", will it remove the scheduled workflow or do I need to do that manually for each list item?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌,

Please create a separate question for this.

It helps the community to have clear questions and not having questions in questions. Thanks.

Cheers,

Rick

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Will do.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply