How to hide a table

• 27 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Question

How do I add a rule to hide a table in a Form?

Answer

To hide a table in a Form the following steps can be taken:

1. Drag a table onto the Form.

2. Depending on how you want to hide the table you can create different rule sets to do so. For this example the table will be hidden when a button is clicked.

12302i72955F053AB0A097.png

3. In the Rules Wizard Configuration screen in Actions you will find a rule called Hide a Form control, you will add this rule then select the table control on the select control link:

15143i574FE5A192F47DC0.png

After configuring this wizard you may click the Finish button found on the wizard screen. Save the Form and after doing this you should see that when you use the configured button or other applicable action that the table will hide itself accordingly.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Tables are an excellent way to hide groups of controls but the alignment of the first control in a table will be indented and makes using a table inside another table frustrating. We run a tiny bit of jQuery to fix that. Add a literal control with the following value, using the name of the first control inside the table (generally a label) will fix the indent.

<script>jQuery("[name='YourControlName']").parent().css("padding-left","0")</script>

and if you have a couple of controls, just use the multiple selector option

<script>jQuery("[name='YourControlName1'],[name='YourControlName2']").parent().css("padding-left","0")</script>