Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How can I Start a Nintex WF from a VB.Net application

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a VB.Net application.

This application generates a Word document that needs an approvall flow.

I have written the approval flow in Nintex. I know how to copy the document into Nintex

BUT how do I start the Nintex workflow from my .Net application.

I need the SDK-kit but then ??

I'm pretty new at this, sorry

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Nintex Newbie

Re: How can I Start a Nintex WF from a VB.Net application

Jump to solution

Consider that the workflow can start automatically when:

• You upload your document to the library
  • (Conditional Start) You change any column on the library ( For example a column named "StartMyWorkflow )
  • A user changes that uploaded document

Based on those chances, you could upload your document and then update the column named "StartMyWorkflow"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That a posiible option but the thing is ... the creators of the document don't work with sharepoint. They only use the .Net application.

( The approvers all work with sharepoint )

What I want is to start a Nintex workflow. In this flow I upload the document in Sharepoint ....

But How do I start the workflow from .Net

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The answer is as Fernando outlined above.  Your .NET application will post the document.  The Nintex workflow will fire automatically.  You can set it to fire just on New or configure the Nintex workflow to fire on New and Change.  If you need other activities to happen in your .NET application before the workflow happens, you can set the column flag in SharePoint from your .NET application after you've uploaded it and completed the other steps in your .NET application.  Depending on the version of SharePoint you are running and where your .NET application is physically located you can call the document services API from your application.  If you are using SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online on Office 365 you can use CSOM, REST or JSON API's.  I use the CSOM one as it's pretty straightforward, works with O365 and I don't know JavaScript well nor have I done much with REST so....CSOM wins.

SharePoint 2013 .NET Server, CSOM, JSOM, and REST API index 

If you're not using one of these methods to upload your file(s) to SharePoint you should be.  The story is different for 2010 and very different for 2007.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thax Guys for your input