Workflow keeps sending emails after it is cancelled

• 12 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hello Community,

I have an issue that I need assistance with.

I have a Nintex workflow that was running correctly and sent out an email as it should have. But here is the problem, is that seems to be caught in some kind of a loop and is constantly sending emails over and over.

I have tried to cancel the workflow and it cancelled successfully, but Nintex is still sending emails over and over.

Can someone advise on how to have Nintex stop sending emails and how to correct this issue.

Thank you

1 reply

Badge +7

Okay I managed to get this figured out.

If you ever have an issue were your Nintex workflow is sending out massive amounts of email over and over try these steps that I used below.

1. Go to the item in the list or library and find the item in question. Then go to the Workflow Tasks for the item and click on the "End this Workflow" option to cancel the workflow.

2. Delete the item in questions from the list or the library.

3. Go into the SharePoint Central Administration -> Nintex Workflow Management -> Global Settings -> Enforce Safe Looping. If this is turned off turn Safe Looping on.

4. Go to the SharePoint Web Front End server and perform an IISRESET /Restart on the server.

The above steps are what corrected the issue I was having.

Hope this helps someone else out in the community.