cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: How To change 'Assigned To' column in Workflow Tasks?

Great for you !
I still get problem with locked task.

Can you share an example of how to use the DelegateApporovalTask method? Perhaps the parameter? I wonder if the parameter that I provided is the wrong one

Thanks

0 Kudos
andifandrich
Nintex Newbie

I'm using a quite simple method:

public bool DelegateTask(SPListItem taskItem, SPUser delegateToUser) {

NintexTask nintexTask = NintexTask.RetrieveTask(taskItem.ID, taskItem.Web, taskItem.ParentList);

Approver approver = nintexTask.Approvers.GetBySPId(taskItem.ID);

return Delegation.DelegateApprovalTask(false, approver, delegateToUser.LoginName, string.Empty);

}

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I've used your method, it works.

The difference between your method and mine is:  your parameter for updateSPTask is false, while mine is true. May I know the reason why you use false for the parameter? Have you tried using true parameter?

If I use true parameter for updateSPTask, the delegatedUser get error after doing approval : "This Task is currently locked by another user. Please try again".

But if I use false parameter, the SPTask column 'Assigned To' doesn't updated to the delegatedUser but the delegatedUser can give approval without error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
andifandrich
Nintex Newbie

Hi Agus,

To be true, I just don't know the meaning of the updateSPTask parameter. I just tried it with a value of false, it worked and I was happy. Didn't even try a value of true afterwards.

Andi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I see..

I think I've found the best way (for me). That is by using Nintex Webservice Delegate,

so far I don't have any issue, including locked task or SPTask not updated.

Thanks

0 Kudos