cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How To change  'Assigned To' column in Workflow Tasks?

Hello,

I am using Nintex Workflow 2013. Can I change 'Assigned To' column in Workflow Tasks ? Let's say from 'User 1' to 'User 2'. So 'User 2' can give approval for certain Task (Not all Task) which was originally intended for 'User 1' . Have read about Delegation but my requirement is can I do that  programmatically (C#) ? Assumed that I know the ID of the task and the username which I am going to delegate.

Thanks a lot

Message was edited by: Agus Triutomo

Labels: (2)
14 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How To change 'Assigned To' column in Workflow Tasks?

Hi,

You can use the Delegate link on your form to do this. Changing Assigned To directly does not work in most cases*. You also have to be the site owner to do this.

*(It depends on the type of action you have used i.e. Flexi Task, Request Approval or Assign to-do task.)

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I've read about Delegation, Based on that link , I understand that I can delegate a task from task owner from another user (Just a task). But my requirement is, Can I do that programmatically (C#)? Assumed that I know the ID of the task and the username which I am going to delegate.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Sorry dint see C# part in your question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Does anybofy know an answer to this? I'd appreciate any hints or directions.

Thanks, Andi

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

This is more of a SP question rather than Nintex question. See this link for reference.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello, I don't know if this is gonna help.

Finally I found how to change 'Assigned To' column by using Delegate SDK, but there's another problem arised which I described in this link Nintex Delegate Error - This task is currently locked by another user

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

See the second link in the post. It talks about upgrading the version of the workflow which can release the lock on the item. You should search in the MSDN forums for this issue.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks, gonna have a look

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

I managed to do it with the mentioned Nintex.Workflow.HumanApproval.Delegation.DelegateApprovalTask method and so far there weren't any problems with locked tasks.

I'm not sure if this really is more of an SP or a Nintex problem. I tried everything I found related to general SP tasks and nothing helped. As soon as I tried the method provided by Nintex it worked fine.

Thanks for the discussion though

Andi