Guidance about Migrating Nintex Workflow Content Database data from 2010 to 2013 twice to get the most up-to-date data

Badge +1

We are planning a 2 phased migration from SharePoint 2010 to 2013. In phase 1 we are migrating all content from 2010 to 2013, to test everything is functioning and fix any issues. In phase 2 we want to update the 2013 content with the latest version of content from SharePoint 2010. What I want to know is, when the 2010 Nintex Workflow Content Database is migrated for a second time to 2013, will this cause any issues such as duplication..? Would it be best to wiped the data from the Nintex Workflow Content Database in 2013 and then migrate the 2010 database?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If there was no progression in 2013 that had any meaning then overwrite would be fine. But make sure you also migrate the sites that would be effected too. If history lists do not match, could cause status confusion.

Badge +1

I've had a response from a call I raised with Nintex and the advice they gave me is to delete the Nintex database from our 2013 production servers, copy over the 2010 database and rerun the migration. There is no need to remove and reinstall the WSPs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Agreed, there would be no reason to remove the SharePoint features and solutions for Nintex.